We update our Website content on a regular basis, so please check before acting upon material previously obtained from this Website. While we provide all content in good faith, we accept no responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, suitability for your intended use or timeliness of it. You accept that any content provided by us is general in nature and does not constitute advice.
We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy, and reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
If you do not agree with these terms and conditions, you should not use or access our Website. The term Cordings or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of this Website whose registered office is:
J C Cordings and Co Ltd
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
You acknowledge that although we regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attack, there is a risk of unauthorised access to or alteration of your transmissions or data or of information contained on your computer system or on this Website. In the absence of negligence on our part, we do not accept responsibility or liability of any nature for any such losses which you may sustain as a result of such activity.
Except in relation to liability that cannot be lawfully excluded, we do not accept responsibility for any loss or damage, however caused (including through negligence), which you may directly or indirectly suffer in connection with your use of this Website or any linked Website, nor do we accept any responsibility for any such loss arising out of your use of or reliance on information contained on or accessed through this Website.
CONDITIONS OF MAKING AN ONLINE PURCHASE
We secure access to all transactional areas of our Websites using ‘https’ technology.
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as payment card information) is secured by SSL encryption.
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attack, but in the absence of negligence on our part we cannot be held liable for any loss you may suffer if a third party procures unauthorised access to any data you provide when accessing or ordering from the Website.
Presentaion, pricing and availability of goods
We always aim to ensure that all details, descriptions and prices appearing on this Website are accurate, but from time to time errors may occur. All prices listed are correct at the time of entering the information; however, we reserve the right to change prices of any product at any time.
While we try to accurately represent the colour of an item, photography will be affected by the settings of the computer on which it is viewed.
Where we have made an error in the price of an item on our site we reserve the right to withdraw this item from sale at this price and present it at the correct price. If you have placed an order at the incorrect price, we will inform you of the error and give you the opportunity to confirm your order at the correct price, or cancel the order. All items sold are subject to availability and while every effort is made to fulfil your order, the stock visible on our Website is held in our two stores, and during busy periods may have sold in store concurrent to an online order being placed. This may be the case, even if your order has been confirmed. We will advise you by email if we have to cancel your order for this reason, and a suitable alternative will be offered or your money will be refunded.
Contract creation whilst ordering online
The technical steps creating the contract between you and us are as follows:
- You place the order for your products on the Website by pressing the confirm order button at the end of the checkout process.
- We will send you an order confirmation email detailing the products you have ordered, the delivery method and delivery address.
- For items being delivered to you (as opposed to Click & collect), when your product is shipped we will send you a despatch confirmation email.
These e mails are sent to you for us to fulfil our contractual obligations regarding your order.
Non-acceptance of an order may be the result of one of the following
- The product you ordered being unavailable
- Our inability to obtain authorisation payment
- The identification of a pricing or product description error
- We or our third party representatives suspect fradulent activity
PLEASE NOTE: Overseas customers will NOT be charged UK tax (currently at 20%). However you will need to pay any import duties and taxes directly to the carrier to release your order from customs. We are unable to advise on the exact amount, and recommend you contact your local customs office/tax authority before placing an order. These costs are non-refundable by Cordings, as they are out of our control. If any parcel is returned to us due to customs charges being higher than expected, we reserve the right to deduct from your refund any cost we incur. We apologise for the inconvenience this will cause.
Delivery costs are charged in addition to the product price and are included in the total cost. Any additional charges are clearly displayed where applicable and included in the total cost.
If you are paying by credit or debit card, payment is taken at the point of checkout. Your order confirmation email confirms that payment has been made; we then carry out pre-authorisation checks on your card upon receiving your order to ensure there are sufficient funds to settle the transaction. Goods will not be despatched until the pre-authorisation check is complete and the payment has been received.
RIGHT OF CANCELLATION
- You are entitled to cancel your contract, provided that you exercise your right no longer than 14 days after the day on which you receive your order.
- Your right to return or cancel products does not apply to goods that have been altered, such as hemmed trousers or instered zips on trousers. This doesn´t affect your statutory rights if goods are faulty or not as described.
- If you wish to exercise your right of cancellation, you are obliged to retain possession of the goods and take reasonable care of them.
- All goods must be returned in a saleable condition.
- We recommend you use a tracked or signed for service when returning goods, as Cordings cannot take any responsibility for return goods lost in transit.
- You must inform us of your decision to cancel your contract by a clear statement, including details of your name, geographical address, details of the order you wish to cancel, your phone number and email address.
- You can cancel by email [email protected] or call on 02077584122, or write to: Customer Service, Cordings, 19 Piccadilly, W1J 0LA London
- We will make the reimbursement no later than 14 days after the day we receive back from you any goods supplied.
- You can redeem your gift cards online or over the phone on 0207 758 4122.
- You may use the gift vouchers to make a purchase at two Cordings stores, to place a telephone order or online.
- Vouchers expire 12 months from the date of purchase and balance will be forfeited.
- When you use the Cordings gift voucher, the amount of your purchase will be deducted from the balance on the voucher. Change cannot be given.
- Cordings gift vouchers cannot be redeemed or exchange for cash.
- Refunds will not be given for the purchase of a Cordings voucher.
- We are unable to refund lost gift vouchers.
Each provision of the Conditions shall be construed as separately applying and surviving even if for any reason one or other of those provisions is held to be inapplicable or unenforceable in any circumstances.