This Privacy Notice explains the types of personal data we may collect when you interact with us. It also explains how we store and handle that data, and keep it safe. It’s likely that we’ll need to update this Privacy Notice from time to time. Last updated 16th September 2023.
General Data protection Regulation (GDPR)
The law on data protection sets out the circumstances companies can legitimately collect your personal data, how this data can be used, how and how long it is stored and what rights you have in regard to your personal data.
WHY DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
In certain circumstances, we need your personal data to comply with our contractual obligations.
- When you order from us online, we will need to collect your address and mobile telephone number, and will need to pass them to our courier.
- When you order in store, and ask for the goods to be shipped to your address.
- When you have alterations done to a garment in store.
In specific situations, we collect and process your data with your consent.
- When you tick a box on our website to receive marketing communications.
- When you enter a Cordings competition.
- When you give your e mail address in store so we can send you e mail communications, or receive invites to in store events.
When collecting your personal data, we’ll always make clear to you which data is necessary and which is optional. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications from us at any time. Legal compliance
If the law requires us to, we may need to collect and process your data.
- We can pass on details of people involved in fraud or other criminal activity Cordings to law enforcement.
In specific situations, we require your data to pursue our legitimate interests in a way which might reasonably be expected as part of running our business and which does not materially impact your rights, freedom or interests.
- If you have opted into marketing communications from us, we may use your purchase history to send you or make available personalised offers, either by e mail or direct mail.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- When you make an online purchase and check out as a guest (in which case we just collect transaction-based data).
- When you create an account with us. We will hold your name, prefix, date of birth, billing/delivery address, orders and receipts, email and telephone number.
- When you make an online purchase using your account (in which case we will collect your order details and store them to your account, as well as transaction based data)
- When you enter a competition.
- When you sign up for marketing communications.
- When you contact us with queries, complaints etc.
- When you comment on or review our products.
Telephone orders require us to take your details such as address, payment details, e mail and telephone number in order to process your order. IN STORE
- When you specifically request us to inform you when a product is back in stock.
- When you have products sent for alteration.
- When you give your e mail address so we can send you e mail communications, or receive invites to in store events.
- Both of our stores have CCTV systems operated for the security of both customers and staff. These systems may record your image during your visit.
WHAT SORT OF DATA DO WE COLLECT?
- Name, address, order detail and payment card information during online checkout.
- Details of your visits to our website, and which site you came from to ours.
- Your comments and product reviews.
- Your image may be recorded on CCTV when you visit our two stores.
- To deliver the best possible web experience, we and third party providers collect technical information about your internet connection and browser as well as the country in which your computer is located, the web pages viewed during your visit, the products you clicked on, and any search terms you entered, how you were referred to us (eg e mail, search engine). This information may be collected even if you do not register an account with us.
WHY DO WE USE YOUR DATA?
- To fulfil your purchase. If we don’t collect your personal data during checkout, we won’t be able to process your order and comply with our legal obligations. Your details need to be passed to a third party to deliver the product that you ordered, and we keep your details for a reasonable period afterwards in order to fulfil any contractual obligations such as refunds. Your card information will be checked to prevent fraudulent transactions, and to safeguard you and Cordings against fraud.
- We want to give you the best possible customer experience. If you have an account, and have opted in to receiving marketing communications from us, we may use your order history to offer you promotions and products that we feel will be of interest.
- To respond to your queries, including when a product comes back in stock.
- To protect our business and your account from fraud and other illegal activities. This includes using your personal data to maintain, update and safeguard your account. For example, by checking your password when you login and using automated monitoring of IP addresses to identify possible fraudulent log-ins from unexpected locations.
- If you have opted in to receiving marketing communications, we will use your personal data, preferences and details of your transactions to keep you informed by email, web and direct mail about special offers, discounts, promotions, events, competitions and so on.
- To administer any competitions which you enter.
- To comply with our contractual or legal obligations to share data with law enforcement.
The data privacy law allows this as part of our legitimate interest in understanding our customers and providing the highest levels of service.
Of course, you are free to opt out of hearing from us by any channel at any time.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR DATA?
Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data (such as payment card information) is secured by SSL encryption.
We regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
For example, delivery couriers, for fraud management, to help us personalise our offers to you and so on.
We provide only the information they need to perform their specific services. For fraud management, we may share information about fraudulent or potentially fraudulent activity in our premises or systems. This may include sharing data about individuals with law enforcement bodies.
We may also be required to disclose your personal data to the police or other enforcement, regulatory or Government body, in your country of origin or elsewhere, upon a valid request to do so. These requests are assessed on a case-by-case basis and take the privacy of our customers into consideration.
We may sell Cordings and this may involve the transfer of divisions or the whole business to new owners. If this happens, your personal data will, where relevant, be transferred to the new owner or controlling party, under the terms of this Privacy Notice.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS OVER YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
- Access to the personal data we hold about you.
- The correction of your personal data when incorrect, out of date or incomplete. For example if you unsubscribe from marketing communications.
- That we stop any consent-based processing of your personal data after you withdraw that consent.
You have the right to request a copy of any information about you that Cordings holds at any time, and also to have that information corrected if it is inaccurate. To ask for your information, please contact Customer Service Team, Cordings 19 Piccadilly, London W1J 0LA 0207 758 4122 email@example.com.
If we choose not to action your request we will explain to you the reasons for our refusal.
Checking your identity
To protect the confidentiality of your information, we will ask you to verify your identity before proceeding with any request you make under this Privacy Notice. If you have authorised a third party to submit a request on your behalf, we will ask them to prove they have your permission to act.